Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:49:48 -0600
From:      Jack Halfacre <jdhalfacre@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   newbie install question

I am trying to install FreeBSD on an IBM 977 MCA box.  The system is a
486-33 with 32Meg of RAM, an on-board SCSI controller with  1 Gig and  200
Meg Hard drives and a Panasonic SCSI CD-ROM drive.
After making the boot diskettes, and booting, when I get to the "Install
screen" the system locks up.
I suspect it is a kernel problem - but have no idea of what to look at, or
where to look?
The system also has an IBM LanStreamer 32 TokenRing and 3Com 3C523 Ethernet
cards.  I have checked with the Reference and Option diskettes, nothing is
set to use IRQ 2.
I have had SlackWare Linux running on the box, but because MCS is not
"supported" for Linux, would prefer to run BSD, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jack Halfacre