Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 17:35:37 -0800
From:      "Jeremiah Gowdy" <jgowdy@home.com>
To:        <ldmservices@charter.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why do you support Yahoo!

/*
I noticed Yahoo has you listed as one of their business supporters. I
stopped using Yahoo aggressively after I realized they support all religions
except Christianity. Just try to find a Christmas card about Christ amongst
all the other religious cards they freely give users access to on their main
page for "Christmas".  Since Yahoo refuses to acknowledge Christmas as an
American Religious Holiday, like the other ones they list, I figured this
year I would sent out a Christmas card from their service to all my family,
friends, business associates, clients, & online news media simply explaining
what I've observed and how it makes me feel.  I also will list all the
sponsors, advertisers, & partners as supporters.  You don't need to respond
to me. YOU NEED TO REACT TO THEM.  In Him -Debbie
*/

Yahoo uses FreeBSD.  That's why they are supported.  What the fuck does that
have to do with Christianity ?  How the hell can you assume that everyone
associated with FreeBSD is a Christian ?  Your Christian arrogance is common
but it still makes me sick.  Of course SOME people who use FreeBSD are
Christians, but others of us are not.  Look at it from our point of view.
Christ has NOTHING to do with FreeBSD.  Another Christian bigot that assumes
that everyone else in the world is Christian by default.  Keep your beliefs
to yourself Christian.  Why don't you go boycott Disneyland because Mickey
Mouse is a false idol or something ?  I'm waiting for natural selection to
take care of your kind.

I apologize to everyone else on this list but if someone had came on the
list using the word "nigger" or any other sort of bigotry, I would react the
same.  I am not a Christian, I know there are millions of other people out
there who are not Christians, and I don't see how someone could say "Why
does FreeBSD associate with a company that doesn't support Christianity ?!"
That is the stupidest thing I've heard in a LONG time, and it makes me sick
to my stomach.  Like network operating systems have anything to do with
religion (unless you pray for your server to work)  ;)