Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:46:10 -0500
From:      Chen Xu <xuc@saturn.med.nyu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help! corrupted filesystem: magic number rong

Dear all,

I have a FreeBSD filesystem /usr/local on the third partition of 2nd IDE HDD (dev/wd1s2e).

And I must did thing wrong and corrupted this filesystem

when I tried to boot Linux at the same disk. Now I  got message:

/dev/wd1s2e: Bad Super Block: magic number wrong

/dev/wd1s2e labled as a 4.2 BSD file system, but block size is 0.

How to repair it?
More problem is that I use tcsh which is in that file system. So I can
only login as single user and use shell like /bin/csh. But terminal
setting in that case is messy.

Any idea? Thanks alot!

Chen