Date:      Mon, 1 Nov 1999 16:02:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Scott Benjamin <sab@sinai.dhs.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   IDA driver issues upon installation. Probing devices hangs (fwd)

I am trying to install the stable snapshot from 10301999 on a compaq
proliant 4500 with a smart array controller.  I recompile the installation
kernel and dropped it on the disk.  The newly compile kernel has the ida
driver included (as the drives are on that controller).  It finds the
controller and the logical drives, but when the installation program
starts, it hangs at Probing for devices. The ida driver also reports "irq
with no handler" when the kernel finds the device (prior to the probing
screen).

I've tried moving irq's around and removing some other cards but nothing.
If I boot without the ida driver, it works ifne except that I don't have
any drives to install on.

If you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks!

Scott