Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:42:49 +0200
From:      "Igor" <igor@elco.com.ua>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   getty run problem

Hello,

today when I was working in an ttyv just accomplishing make fetch command
the system(FreeBSD-5.1R) stoped to react to any command.
I could not bring back my system to life using ^C,^D,^\, it also did not
react to Ctrl-Alt-Del.
After switching off/on power, when I reboot,
I get lots of the following error messages:

Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s1a
init: can't exec getty `/usr/libexec/getty` for /dev/ttyv0: for port
/dev/ttyv0: No souch file or directory
init: can't exec getty `/usr/libexec/getty` for /dev/ttyv1: for port
/dev/ttyv1: No souch file or directory
[e.t.c]

In single user mode I tried to fsck for all slices, it was ok
and there are all ttyv files in /dev.

What's up?

P.S. I did not do any cvsup.

Thanks in advance