Date:      Sun, 3 Oct 1999 15:15:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install FreeBSD from another machine

On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, Doug wrote:

> Zhihui Zhang wrote:
> >
> > I have a machine running FreeBSD 3.3-Release.  Is it possible to configure
> > that machine so that I can install future machines from that machine?
> > Please give me some directions on how to do so.
>
> 	There is voluminous discussion about this in the Handbook, FAQ and
> tutorials. Your best bet on questions like this is to read the
> documentation then if you still have questions to post them to the list,
> referring specifically to the parts of the documentation you didn't
> understand.

Thanks.  I checked those places again. Now the question is: where are the
distribution files and which of them are needed? I guess I can put them on
a NFS server or another filesystem on the same machine and install FreeBSD
3.3 from there.

I installed FreeBSD from CD-ROM and via FTP sites many times.  But
installing from a NFS server or another filesystem is not well documented.
So please give me a little more information.

-Zhihui