Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:25:04 -0400
From:      Mike Hauber <m.hauber@mchsi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: which wlan card?

On Sunday 12 September 2004 11:04 am, Florian Hengstberger
proclaimed:
> Hi!
>
> I?m searching for a cheap wlan pci card (below 40 euros),
> supported by both freebsd and linux.
>
> What is the best choice, which cards does freebsd support
> out of the box (without nasty workarounds)?
> Is there a hardware database for freebsd or something
> similar?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Florian

For a list of supported hardware, you can simply go to
freebsd.org to find out all you need to know.

FreeBSD 4.10 - (Production Release)
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.10R/hardware.html

FreeBSD 5.2.1 - (New Technology Release)
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.2.1R/hardware.html

If you are wanting to install another version, then you
should check out the specs in the applicable directories on
the ftp site(s).  For more info, check out www.freebsd.org.

Happy Hunting.

Mike