Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 21:42:43 -0400
From:      Paul Murphy <paul@earth.upton.net>
To:        Matt Payne <mattapayne@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FTP install via rogers@home - anyone successfully done this?

On August 14, 2001 08:51 pm, Matt Payne wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I'm trying to install via FTP over a rogers@home cable connection. Rogers
| uses DHCP, but also requires that the hostname (ie: cr123456-a) be present
| when requesting network info. During the install process, this doesn't seem
| to be possible. Am I wrong or is there some way to get around this?
|
| Thanks,
| Matt

 You need to surf to Rogers@Home's web site and at your account management
page find the IP you are currently assigned. Then fill in the IP, gateway,
etc stuff manually [I assume you are using /stand/sysinstall]
--
"Every program attempts to expand until it can read mail.
 Those programs which cannot so expand are replaced by ones which can."