Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:17:38 -0500
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: blocked domains getting through junkbuster with https: ?

parv provided,
> in message <200202261749.g1QHn8u01822@fac13.ds.psu.edu>,
> wrote Richard E. Hawkins thusly...

> > Should this be happening?  doubleclick of all places is managing to
> > throw blinking images at me, after having them blocked for years.

> this may sound stupid, but are you sure that proxy was being used
> when the doubleclick.net link passed?

yep; checked that.  I have open windows side by side at the moment; one
 has three blocked ads dislplaying Internet JUNKBUSTER, while the
other, www.itn.net, has the doubleclick ad:

https://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/amex.adoutlet/getthere;pos=top;sz=468X60;tile=1;ord=44314090190099576?

> by chance, do you have any expression that would allow an url to be
> accessed?  these expressions start w/ '~', generally, and are at the
> bottom of the file to override previously blocked urls/sites.

nope:

fac13ttyp1:hawk>grep \~ /usr/local/etc/junkbuster/blockfile
# The ~ character in column one stops blocking if a previous pattern matched.
# ~mycompany.com
fac13ttyp1:hawk>

To make matters worse, I've added doubleclick.net to the 127.0.0.1
entry in /etc/hosts, purged disk and memory cache, and this still
persists . . .

hawk

> from the example above, one way to override the blocking would be...
>
> doubleclick.net
> ~/*.*/get
>
>   - parv
>
> --

Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail
These opinions will not be those of              X    and postings.
Penn State until it pays my retainer.           / \