Date:      Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:30:24 GMT
From:      cantclif@engineering.uiowa.edu
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: misc/87822: Unable to install 5.3, 5.4

The following reply was made to PR i386/87822; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: cantclif@engineering.uiowa.edu
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:27:49 -0500

 I apologize for the lack of details, for some reason I remember give more info
 than I did.

 Main board asus p2b-ds, 2x800 p3, 512 megs misc mixed ram, with single 18 gig
 scsi drive attached
 3c905 10/100 nic, promise fasttrack sx4000 and an older nvdia based
 card on the
 agp slot.

 The system will no install.  It starts booting of the cd then within a
 second it
 simply reboots, no time to read errors messages, etc.  Tried 5.3, 5.4 releases
 and 6.0 rc1 all do same thing at the same point.

 I've narrowed the problem to something with the sx4000 with some trial
 and error
 .  If I pull the card I can install Freebsd with no issues, if I put the card
 back in freebsd won't boot. I end up with an error message and it reboots.  I
 do not have the error message on hand and won't be able to get it at
 this point
 because we ended up deploying it as a win2k Active directory server on our
 network.