Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:52:16 +0100
From:      Miklos Niedermayer <mico@bsd.hu>
To:        Henk Wevers <henk@home.cg.nu>
Cc:        'Miklos Niedermayer' <mico@bsd.hu>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache 1.3.19 does not work in a jail

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 08:02:58PM +0100, Henk Wevers wrote:

> Yes offcourse, I use the jail() function now a year, it did work fine.
> It could be a apache 1.3.19 problem, with a kernel from Februari it did
> work
> fine .

Actually, i haven't been using Apache for some months now, but i have
experienced some problems in the last weeks, too.

For example, I had to specify an IP address for inetd to bind to with
flag '-a'.  But now it works again without that flag...

Do you have ktrace(1) installed in your jail environment?  You should
do 'ktrace httpd' and then -hopefully- you'll be able to read some
details about what Apache wants to do, by 'kdump -f ktrace.out'.

Bye,

Mico