Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 14:10:04 -0600
From:      James Buszard-Welcher <james@reef.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recovering Lost Inode?

Sorry, not a FreeBSD *specific* question, but it could be...
I'm not sure what would be the appropriate group.  I'm sure that
if someone know this, it is someone on this list.

I had a daemon writing to a file...  I then rm-ed the file, but the
daemon still had the filehandle and was writing to it.

Well... I killed the daemon, which had been writing to this invisible
inode.

Is there ANY way (fsdb, fsck, some great perl hack) to find out what
this inode was and link it back into some directory so I can get at
the file contents?

--
James Buszard-Welcher | VOX 847.729.8600 | "It's not the stuff...
Technical Director    | FAX 847.729.1560 |  it's the power to