Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:30:19 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@acadia.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   multi named host - I'm having an identity crisis

Hey all.  I've got a new problem to solve.  I recently registered a
new domain and set up dynamic nameservice thru ZoneEdit.com (Wicked
easy to get started!).  Anyway, my ISP runs me thru a dhcp server, and
serves my IP as acadia.ne.mediaone.net - a bit long, but
keyslapper.org will be more manageable :)

Where do I need to start with configuration fixes to make sure my
machine knows it's supposed to accept mail for keyslapper.org as well
as acadia.ne.mediaone.net, and what else do I need to do so the system
knows it is supposed to be both for ftp, mail, web, etc?

The following domains will translate to my IP, along with what status
I can give:
keyslapper.org (At least some of the nameservers have it, but mail
                won't deliver because of the sendmail thing.
                http://keyslapper.org works - virtual domain setup too)
ftp.keyslapper.org (At least some of the nameservers have it and my
                    system allows the connection)
www.keyslapper.org (At least some of the nameservers have it and my
                    system allows the connection - virtual domain
                    setup too)

Thanks for the help! (again!)
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

Information Processing:
  What you call data processing when people are so disgusted with
  it they won't let it be discussed in their presence.