Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 1999 13:50:04 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Dean Hollister <dean@odyssey.apana.org.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3.x problems

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 15:23:06 +0800, Dean Hollister wrote:

> I've tried installing 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3-RELEASE on a P75 / 64Mb RAM,
> with no success.

Well let's see what we can do about that. :-)

> Whenever I attempt to run either a system or non-system binary, I get
> either "Floating point error", "Can't find ld.so", and on occasions, it's
> coming back advising it can't find a few other "*.so" files.

Without showing us the context of these error message, it's hard to
figure out what causes them.  Ideally, you should show us the exact
error messages with a a few of the preceding and following lines, even
if this means copying them down by hand.

It would also be good to know _how_ you installed the newer releases.
Did you upgrade your system from source, perform a binary upgrade (if
so, did you boot off stiffies or what?) or perform a fresh installation
from scratch.

Ciao,
Sheldon.