Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 1998 01:54:50 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        brian@worldcontrol.com
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rvplayer runs ok under root but sound is a mess

> On %M %N, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com> wrote:
> > Have you managed to get any sound out of your card?
> >
> > For instance, cat foo.au >/dev/audio
>
> Yes, audio works fine via 'cat ring.au >/dev/audio'
> or even 'cat yskywalk.ay >/dev/audio'
>
> It is me your talking to ya know? 8-)
>
> --
> Brian Litzinger <brian@worldcontrol.com>

Just have to check thats all.

It looks like you may have dma problems. Try playing an mpeg audio file
and compile something in the background.

There is also a version of real audio player for FreeBSD so you may
want to give that a try.

Now, sorry to pester you about the Green Book and VideoCD stuff we
can really use something to read those CD formats;specially, now days
with the PII getting so cheap .

Now back to your problem , you may want to put a printf in the
linux emulation layer on the GETOPTR ioctl and examine what value
is it returning.

	Cheers,
	Amancio