Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:05:38 -0400
From:      "Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM" <tforrest@mcs.net>
To:        "Bhishan Hemrajani" <bhishan@cytosine.dhs.org>, "Neill Robins" <freebsd@nc.rr.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cable download varies w/FreeBSD

Netscape and IE have report upwards of ~750-835KB/sec pulling
adcritic.com.  I've seen 11.5 meg Quicktime clips completely transfer
to me in 23 seconds.  I've also pulled a test bmp file from RR at a
hair over 900KB/sec.  Granted that was a year ago.  Here of late
it'll hang around 400-600 from the net and 700 from the internal test
server.

Though I see no speed increase or decrease when moving the cable
modem from my FBSD 3.3 box to the Win32 box.

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 21:49:41 -0400, Neill Robins wrote:

>300kBytes is *really* fast, 2,400,000 kbits/sec.
>
>I only see 800 Kbits MAX on the cable system (roadrunner), and that
>is quick.  Although, whatever is in the 'Saving Location' of Netscape
>and IE in Windows are in KiloBytes, and mine hang around 60KB.
>
>--
>Best regards,
>Neill
>freebsd@nc.rr.com

Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM -  tforrest@mcs.net
http://www.mcs.net/~tforrest
And now, its time, for some useless, bandwidth wasting words of wisdom:
Windows: A solution to a problem which never existed.

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: 5762 A3CC 8EA5 8542  9666 222B 61A9 2558

** Tag(s) inserted by Bandit Tagger98 - http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c918704