Date:      Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:17:55 +0100
From:      Kristian Vaaf <vaaf@broadpark.no>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Weird database error

Hello!

I have a serious problem. I am running a regular FreeBSD 4.11 jail, under which I've installed
mysql-client-5.0.16 and mysql-server-5.0.16 plus the PHP modules and extensions.

I've created a database like this: CREATE DATABASE msc; GRANT USAGE ON msc.* TO msc@localhost
IDENTIFIED BY 'aheeem'; GRANT ALL ON msc.* TO msc@localhost; and then proceeded to install WordPress (the publishing platform). The installation was flawless!

Here's the actual problem. Every morning when I wake up, WordPress has an "Error establishing the
database connection". And that makes no sense, because I have not been messing with the database nor
with WordPress. The database is still there.

Now, the _strange_ thing is, that shortly after (from 5 to 15 minutes) I've logged onto my FreeBSD jail via
SSH (and also mysql -u root -p to check if the database is still there), WordPress can mysteriously
re-establish the database connection. That is, I just click Firefox's reload.

What is going on ;)

Thanks a lot,
Kristian