Date:      Tue, 01 Jan 2008 14:15:40 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with OpenOffice 2.3.1 on FreeBSD

I use OpenOffice 2.3.1 on several hardwareplatforms running FreeBSD
7.0-PRE/AMD64 and since I upgraded OpenOffice from OO 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 I
have massive problems, rendering OO unusuable! Before doing a PR I would
like to aks whethere there is a solution out.
Whenever I try to save a document in OO writer, OO gets stuck and I have
to kill it. The document gets saved, but I never can load it again
without rendering OO unusuable. Opening M$ Word docs or OO docs doesn't
matter.
This breakage is identical on all of my systems I run OO 2.3.1 on, they
all have in common running FreeBSD 7.0-PRE, being 64 Bit, having
diablo-1.5-JDK installed. This behaviour even occurs on a freshly
installed box.

Any ideas? This is a serious situation to me, due to the need of a
properly working OO :-(

Regards,
Oliver