Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 2020 11:36:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Ronald Klop <ronald-lists@klop.ws>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Chromium (& derivatives) and Python 2.7

The same problem is going to happen with mongodb36 I presume. It uses python2 to build, but does not need it to run.
Would it be possible to remove python2 as a RUN_DEPENDS at the end of 2020, but keep it as a BUILD_DEPENDS in the ports framework?

This might save some usefull ports.

How are other projects (like Debian, etc.) solving this?

Regards,
Ronald.