Date:      Thu, 08 Jun 2000 09:44:49 +0400
From:      "Alexandre E. Derevyanko" <der@rusig.ru>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <charon@sabotage.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to limit sendmail -q processing only messages <= N kb ?

Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> > The question is: How to configure sendmail to process only messages
> > smaller then some defined size, to force big mail delivered only at
> > night time ?
>
> You can use the "limit" option for fetchmail, during daytime,
> and run fetchmail without any limits at night time.
>
> If I recall it correctly, the command line option is -l (that is a
> small-case L).
> So, you need to run fetchmail during daytime as in:
>
>         % fetchmail -l 200000
>
> which will fetch only mail smaller in size than 200 K, and then at night
> time
> run fetchmail without any options to download any remaining messages.

It is correct, and works nice, but it is not my problem. Really, I
already run fetchmail with --limit option.
The problem is sendmail, that queue outgoing mail. I need to queue all
mail and send at daytime only mail smaller than
some limit. It is vital to deliver small messages fast - really, it is
office configuration, not home. At home I can
deliver mail only at night without limits.