Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 2004 19:56:15 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD current users <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SF Bay area hackfest

At 12:22 PM -0800 3/24/04, Julian Elischer wrote:
>On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, David O'Brien wrote:
>>
>  > Uh, what about basic functionalty on Sparc64 and Alpha?
>
>who cares?

Given how many hours I just spent to provide a "somewhat
painless" upgrade path on for a major change to sparc64, it
would be correct to assume that I care about that platform.

That doesn't mean I'm going to do all the sparc-related work for
every project someone wants to implement on i386, but it does mean
I want the platform to be taken seriously.  It is going to be a
major challenge to the FreeBSD project to have multiple "tier 1"
platforms, and it isn't good to hear a cavalier "Who Cares?" so
early in handling that challenge.