Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 2002 02:24:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Ronald F.Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/45520: cntl/K functionality is busted in mozilla

>Number:         45520
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       cntl/K functionality is busted in mozilla
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD segfault.monkeys.com 4.7-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE #0: Sun Nov 3 02:02:47 PST 2002 root@:/usr/src/sys/compile/rfg20021102 i386

	It used to be the case that using control-K, multiple times, while
	editing textual data in a TEXTAREA form field in Netscape or
	Mozilla would cause a sequence of existing text lines to be
	deleted from the html TEXTAREA.

	NOW however, control-K, when used in the same context, only works
	the first two times you use it in succession, after which it just
	stops working, at least until you use some other means to move the
	Mozilla text cursor around (to some other place).

	This problem makes the task of trying to post a follow-up to some
	USENET news article via groups.google.com (while properly trimming
	superfluous/irrelevant original material) VERY difficult.

>How-To-Repeat:
	Go to www.google.com and then go to "groups".  Then try to post a
	follow-up to some existing USENET news article containing many
	lines of text.  When composing your response.  Try using control-K
	to delete 3 or more lines of original text in succession.  After
	deleting two lines in succession, control-K will simply cease to
	have any further effect.

>Fix:
	Beats me!  I don't hack Mozilla unless I have to, and sometimes
	not even then.