Date:      Sun, 11 May 2008 00:17:03 +0200
From:      Gilles <gilles.ganault@free.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [samba 3.0.28a,1) PANIC: tdb_reopen_all failed

On Sat, 10 May 2008 23:08:45 +0200, Mel
<fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net> wrote:
>Not sure it's related, but did you read the message you get before you
>installed this version?
>( cd /usr/ports/net/samba3 && make pre-everything)

# cd /usr/ports/net/samba3 && make pre-everything
===>  NOTICE: This version of port has changed location of Samba
password
===>  NOTICE: (smbpasswd) directory. Files in '/usr/local/private'
===>  NOTICE: have moved to '/usr/local/etc/samba'.

No problem there. I did create my own /usr/local/etc/smb.conf, and
smbpasswd is living under /usr/local/etc/samba/. The n-1 version
worked fine, and this version was installed about a week ago.