Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:50:40 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
Cc:        Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSup conceptual question

On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 11:01:49PM -0400, Brett Taylor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 13 Oct 1999, Arcady Genkin wrote:
>
> > Could anyone who has ports-all in their supfile tell me, how much
> > space does the entire collection of "skeltons" occupy?
>
> I _believe_ my tree is all clean (no work directories):
>
> peloton: {3} cd /usr/ports/
> peloton: {4} du -sk
> 60296   .
>
> Note I do not have any of the foreign language, mbone, or plan9 (are those
> still in the tree?) skeletons as I don't use them (I've got a refuse file
> for CVSup).

On a related note. Is there a tool available which builds a custom
INDEX file containing *only* the ports in the local tree? Like you,
I don't cvsup the foreign language ports, but doing ``make search
key=xxxx'' invariably returns lots of ja-*, ko-* etc. hits. Looking
at the format of INDEX it would be easy enough to do myself, but
why re-invent the wheel?

> Brett
> Dr. Brett Taylor         brett@peloton.runet.edu    *
> Dept of Chem and Physics			    *
> Curie 39A	(540) 831-6147                      *
> Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics		    *
> Walker 234	(540) 831-5410			    *

STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.