Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:25:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Michael Goeringer <mikegoe@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup vs. CD upgrade?

A comment I read earlier made me wonder....as I'm running 4.0-stable (thanks to the FreeBSD Diary script I've now got cvsup down as a 'piece of cake'!!)....so when 4.1 rolls out on CD..would it better to use cvsup..or upgrade via the cd (after booting with it).  Does it really matter?  What are the effects on ports/packages such as X and KDE?

Michael G.