Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:39:58 -0400
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@crodrigues.org>
To:        Maxim Konovalov <maxim@macomnet.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cdcontrol no longer needs 'c' partition?

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 09:00:32AM +0400, Maxim Konovalov wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Aug 2003, 17:21-0400, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > With GEOM in place, is the 'c' partition for a CD device no
> > longer necessary for cdcontrol?  At least on my system,
> > the CD shows up as /dev/acd0, not as /dev/acd0c.
>
> What's about CDROM environment var defined in login.conf?

I don't understand your question.
If the CDROM environment variable is set to a device name, cdcontrol will
try to open that device.  This is documented in the cdcontrol man page.
If the CDROM environment variable is not set, a default device
name of of /dev/cd0c is used, unless you override this with the -f flag.

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://crodrigues.org