Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:59:51 +0200
From:      "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@sitetronics.com>
To:        "'Jason Stone'" <freebsd-security@dfmm.org>, <security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: realpath(3) et al

In any case, IBM has a stack smashing protection patch for GCC 3.3 on
FreeBSD 4.8 available at
http://www.trl.ibm.com/projects/security/ssp/buildfreebsd.html (the
description page is at http://www.trl.ibm.com/projects/security/ssp/). =
It
currently works in the latest cvsupped source from 5.1 as well (I've =
built
and tested it).

Kind regards,

Devon H. O'Dell