Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:34:24 -0600
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@fastmail.fm>
To:        ilich <shmil@onego.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mouse in FreeBSD

--Y/WcH0a6A93yCHGr

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 03:24:11AM +0400, ilich wrote:
> Hello Nathan!!!
>=20
> Thanks to you, I'm using mouse in console.
> But When X was loaded, the cursor of the mouse Has escaped to the right t=
op
> corner
> When I moved a mouse the cursor on the screen did not move.
>=20
> To begin with I have edited my /etc/rc.conf file and have added following
> lines:
> -----------------------
> moused_enable=3D"YES"
> moused_port=3D"/dev/psm0"
> moused_flags=3D"-z 4"
> -----------------------
> After I have tryed to start X, but has received the message "Device busy"
> then
> I have edited the input section in XF86config with the following:
> ------------------------------------
> Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
> Option      "Buttons" "5"
> ------------------------------------
> And I have tried to start X again. It has loaded. But mouse did not move.
> That happened with a mouse in X?
>=20
> Beforehand thank you,
>    Ivan

You may have to specify the actual mouse type.  The default is for
moused to use "auto", but for reasons that I do not know that doesn't
always work.  You can specify the mouse type by adding another entry to
/etc/rc.conf:

moused_type=3D"ps/2"

Again, this is assuming you are using a ps/2 mouse.  Everytime I have
ever seen a mouse pointer fly to one edge of the screen and not move
=66rom there it was due to a wrong mouse protocol, which with moused is
specified with the moused_type directive.

Nathan
--=20
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys D8527E49

--Y/WcH0a6A93yCHGr

--Y/WcH0a6A93yCHGr--