Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 11:56:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nivedita Singhvi <nivedita@sequent.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   throughput drop at 8192 sends (fwd)

(Was asked to fwd to this list from freebsd-bugs)
 Sorry for the duplicate mail.

I was running some tests and observed rather
strange behaviour. TCP Request/Response tests
showed a drastic fall at response sizes of
8192 bytes. This strange drop was also mirrored
in UDP RR tests. Wondering if this is a known
issue? (Smells like a VM problem). I'm afraid
I cant upgrade and didnt have time to track
down more info, but should be easily reproducible.

Kernel: FreeBSD 4.2
Machines: 500MHz PIII / 333MHz PII (512MB each)
Network: 100Mb Ethernet
Test: netperf tcp_rr

Request/Response	Transaction Rate
----------------	-----------------