Date:      Sat, 03 Apr 2004 16:27:57 -0600
From:      "Robert E. Moon" <xpovos@dtccom.net>
To:        kde@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: kdelibs3-3.2.1-2: k3b now broken

Please forgive me if this message is misdirected, but I wanted to report
that the update to kdelibs3-3.2.1_1 (and subsequently 3.2.1_2) seems to
have broken k3b-0.11.6. Prior to updating kdelibs3, no problems burning
CD's/DVD's with my Sony DRU-530A under FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE using
cdrtools-2.0.3_1 and dvd+rw-tools-5.17.4.8.6.

 From the console, growisofs -Z /dev/dvd /my/files still works properly.
However, k3b using growisofs reports:

/dev/pass1: restarting DVD+RW format...
Failed to change write speed: 0->5540
growisofs command:
/usr/local/bin/growisofs -Z /dev/cd0c -use-the-force-luke=notray
-use-the-force-luke=tty -use-the-force-luke=dao -speed=4 -gui
-graft-points -V ...

After this, the drive's LED continues to blink indefinitely and the disc
cannot be ejected without powering down the machine.

The error message is similar regardless of chosen speed ("Auto" or
manual choice) and regardless of multisession settings or medium type. A
full reinstallation of the operating system on blank hard disk from
officially distributed media also does not fix the problem.

I checked KDE Bug Database and couldn't find anything regarding this
issue. Please feel free to contact me if you need further information,
or if I might redirect this report through a more appropriate channel.

Thanks for all the great work.
REM