Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2001 09:49:43 +0100
From:      Alessandro de Manzano <demanzano@iol.it>
To:        Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@uol.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fxp vs xl: should I buy 3c905B or wait for a Intel PRO 100+

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 12:06:26AM -0300, Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:

> 	However, they have the 3Com 3c905B ready for a buy. I've
> used those in the past, they are ok. I've never used any Intel.

I've a lot of them at work and work great.

> 	Will I miss much if I acquire the 3com instead of the Intel?
> Do both work with upcoming "zero copy"? (read that I run -STABLE;
> therefore, upcoming :) I probably won't be able to find better
> cards around (specially for about US$70 here), so other exotic
> cards are not an option.

IMVHO from a pratical point of view there is not much difference between
3COM and Intel ones.
I *personally* prefer 3COM ones, but it's subjectives and Intel-outside
paranoia related :)))

You would buy fxps but can't ? go for 3COM then, I don't think you'll
note difference :-)

--

bye!

Ale