Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:50:15 -0600
From:      GB Clark II <gclarkii@geektech.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   BIND 8.2.3-R crashing

Hello,

I've got a primary name server running BIND 8.2.3-Release.
BIND will crash every so often and need restarted.  As a stop-gap I've
got a crontab to ndc restart it every hour.
I suspect a memory problem (we are upgrading to 512MB) but
I do see the following from BIND every so often:

Feb 14 04:26:23 a2 named[125]: dropping source port zero packet from [63.229.217
.207].0
Feb 14 04:26:35 a2 last message repeated 8 times

It looks like an attack but I'm not real sure.  Anyone have an idea on this?
Or should I go hit the source to find out what it is??

thanks for the help,

GB
--
GB Clark II            | Roaming FreeBSD Admin
gclarkii@GeekTech.COM  | General Geek