Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:11:09 +0000
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: altq in main tree?

--Boundary-02=_lbCiAApHgHsRi2D

On Thursday 22 April 2004 12:04, jeremie le-hen wrote:
> > > I just wonder if there are any chances that altq will be in the main
> > > tree in the near future?
> >
> > I work on altq integration on and off for a couple of weeks, yet the
> > outcome is unclear as the required locking for altq is not exactly easy
> > to do. But as vital locking is a must-do item for any new subsystem the=
se
> > days, we will have to see how it works out.
>
> I must havemissed something. I though that ALTQ was already in the tree
> since it is supposed to be fully integrated in pf.

Yes it is fully integrated into pf, but as ALTQ is not present in FreeBSD=20
(yet) pf is build w/o this support. Just like it would be the case in OpenB=
SD=20
when one builds a kernel w/o "options ALTQ".

=2D-=20
Best regards,				| mlaier@freebsd.org
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661
http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/	| mlaier@EFnet