Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 1998 15:56:01 +0100
From:      Sascha Blank <blank@sliphost37.uni-trier.de>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   What SOHO laserprinters can be used under FreeBSD 2.2.5?

Hello,

for various reasons I have to replace my slow and ancient 24 dot needle
printer with a more modern 600dpi laser printer. Many of the SOHO laser
printers I have considered so far exclusively work in conjunction with a
special DOS, Windows or MacOS driver that preprocesses the page for
them. This is of course no option for me as the printer is also to run
under FreeBSD 2.2.5 using the usual GhostScript filter method.

One of the few SOHO printers that does not seem to have this constraint
(and that I still can afford to buy) is the HP LaserJet 6L. Therefore I
am interested in experiences users have made with this printer under
FreeBSD, especially when it comes to using GhostScript with it.

But I am also interested to learn about other SOHO 600dpi laser printers
that can be used under FreeBSD 2.2.5.

--
             Sascha Blank            | "I prefer to work behind the scenes. The
   Student and System Administrator  | reward is nearly as great,  and the risk