Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 01:36:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        "Jeroen C. van Gelderen" <jeroen@vangelderen.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mount problems after lockup

On Sun, 5 Dec 1999, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> It is really a good idea to read the current mailing list
> if you run current on your machine.
>
> copy MAKEDEV from src/etc/MAKEDEV to /dev, and run it to recreate
> your disk devices.
>
> Poul-Henning

Excuse me, Poul, I have to switch back and forth for a day on one machine,
can I run MAKEDEV to prepare for the new devs without ruining the system
for a kernel that's about 4 months old?

[No, it's not my machine, I run current -- real current].

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C programming, Electronics,
213 Lakeside Dr. Apt. T-1  | communications, and signal processing.
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
(301) 220-2114             |       jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)