Date:      Sun, 3 Jan 2016 16:11:41 -0600
From:      Jason Browning <jbrowning@uh.edu>
To:        Stanislav Galabov <sgalabov@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [RT5350] Boot from flash --> TLB miss (2)

> Could you please try with the following kernel image:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkwzx5omtx3ye7t/kernel.uboot.rt5350?dl=3D0

Thanks Stanislav =E2=80=93 your image worked!
Did I need to use a stripped-binary like you did?

> Also, could you please post the output of booting your image via tftp,
> together with all the steps you used to boot it?
I've been using a serial connection and Kermit to transfer images;
there is a critical bug in tftpboot for the version of U-Boot that shipped
with this board, but I'll put a cable together and give it a shot if there'=
s a
clue to be found in doing so...

> I am also interested to see
> the steps you took when building the uboot image from the ELF kernel, cou=
ld
> you please share those too?

Sure.
=E2=80=A2 gzip --stdout --keep -9 kernel > kernel.gz
=E2=80=A2 mkimage -A mips -O netbsd -T kernel -C gzip -a $ADDRLOAD -e
$ADDRENTRY -d kernel.gz kernel.gz.uboot