Date:      Fri, 03 Jul 2009 09:34:09 -0700
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   firefox* ports: could you please add descriptions which version is which?

Could you add to pkg-descr of each firefox port the explanation the
intent of each of the Firefox versions?

When I look for firefox ports there are many:
 > ls /usr/ports/www/ | grep ^firefox
I get this list:
firefox
firefox-devel
firefox-i18n
firefox-remote
firefox3
firefox3-devel
firefox3-i18n
firefox35

Versions are:
firefox: 2.0.0.2
firefox-devel: 3.0.a2
firefox-i18n: 2.0.0.20
firefox-remote: 20040803
firefox3: 3.0.11
firefox3-devel: 3.5rc3
firefox3-i18n: 2.0.0.20
firefox35: 3.5

User can be confused which port to install.
Which version should be installed if one wants latest stable? I have
fiefox3 installed, but now when it hit version 35 I wonder should I
delete firefox3 and installed firefox35 instead? Or firefox3 will be
updated to firefox-35?
Also shouldn't firefox be renamed to firefox2?

Thanks,
Yuri