Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:55:38 -0600
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
To:        patl@phoenix.volant.org
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ports Software Collection

[redirected to -chat]

On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 08:46:45AM -0800, a little birdie told me
that patl@phoenix.volant.org remarked
> On 10-Nov-99 at 08:27, Christoph Kukulies (kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE)
> wrote:
> > It sounded that he meant "Y2K compliant". (must be some kind
> > of degraded jargon during the last 45 days of the millenium :-)
>
> You mean 'the last 45 days of the 1900s'; since we all know that
> 2000 is the last year of the 20th century and therefore the last
> year of the 2nd millenium, not the first year of the 3rd.  (I'm
> assuming that the readers of this list are somewhat more intelligent
> and informed than the general populace.  If we weren't, we'd be
> using Windows... :-)
>
> But this is drifting wildly off-topic...

Which reminds me of a statement I saw (maybe it was here, don't remember)
It went something like:
---
I've been working on this Y2k problem, and lately I've heard everyone
talking about some 'Millenium bug'.  Great.  Just great.  We put all this
trouble into solving one problem, and another one suddenly appears just
one year later.
---

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net