Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 1995 04:18:28 -0800
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr
Cc:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu, FreeBSD-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: misc/colorls

 * I am also behind a phone line (and sometimes at 2400bps) :-)
 * I wrote a ftpget replacement, and it has a (primitive) progression
 * indicator, it should work if you are behind a firewall, and is
 * compatible with ncftp. The program is very simple since it uses the
 * ftp code in src/release/sysintall/. Interested?

Yes!

We really need a little program that does only what we need, that we
can understand, and fix easily.  There is no need for interactive
mode, for instance.  All we need is an ability to fetch a file even
from behind the firewall, optionally renaming it, and be able to deal
with wu-ftpd's auto-packing.

(I hope I didn't forget something else.)  If yours can do that, let's
try it out!

Satoshi