Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:41:40 +0200
From:      mark <mark@itsunix.uwc.ac.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Ssh2

Hello there,

Can anyone help with this problem .....
I am new to unix 1.5 months,

I installed ssh2 rel 13 on my machines ( 1 solaris, 2 linux, 1 freebsd )
And when I ssh from a one Linux machine to another I get the following error.

** !! ILLEGAL HOST KEY FOR abc !! **
Remove /root/.ssh2/hostkeys/key_22_abc.pub and try again if you think that th
is is normal.

So I removed the file ....
And then it worked.

But from the Linux to Solaris I get the following :

** !! ILLEGAL HOST KEY FOR xyz !! **
Remove /root/.ssh2/hostkeys/key_22_xyz.pub and try again if you think that th
is is normal.

I also removed this file ....
but this time it didn't work , I got the following:

Disconnected; authentication error (No further authentication methods available.).

What do I do?
Please Help

Thanks Mark
Trainee UNIX ADMINISTRATOR