Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2002 23:53:03 -0400
From:      Bob Johnson <stest030@garbonzo.hos.ufl.edu>
To:        Brian McCann <bjm1287@ritvax.rit.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need a solution

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 11:39 pm, Brian McCann appears to have=20
written:
> I'll check into Courier now...but I think when I said "public
> folders"...I may need to elaborate.  Basically..I need something like
> newsgroups or forums that can be access controlled.  (eg. So students
> can't read messages about faculty meetings).

Cyrus includes a bulletin board function that I've never used, but it=20
it sounds like just what you need for that.  It essentially sets up=20
mailboxes shared by specified users where they can leave messages=20
for each other.

Of course, you can also just set up a standard news servers.

- Bob