Date:      26 Feb 2000 14:10:19 -0500
From:      Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>
To:        Christian DeKonink <chrisd@sendmail.com>
Cc:        Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xvtykludge error (ioctl: Inappropriate ioctl for device)

Christian DeKonink <chrisd@sendmail.com> writes:

> Darryl Okahata wrote:
> >
> >      The problem is that XFree86 doesn't work with the ATI Mobility-P
> > video chipset

[...]

I've got a Dell Lattitude CPx (which I think has the same graphic chipset),
on which I mananged to get X working after some fuggliness with the XFree86
ports build.

> I have FreeBSD 3.4 and XFree86 3.3.6 running on A Dell
> Inspiron 7500 with 15.1" XVGA screen and I absolutely love it. It works
> great. I have the 1024x768 display. I am using the XF86Config file that
> I ftp'd from dell's website.

I would like to view the file (mainly to see the offical video mode
timings), but it is in a format I do not know anything about:

	quip:~$ file i75olnxf.rpm
	i75olnxf.rpm: RPM v3 bin i386 Xconfig-rageport-1-1
	quip:~$

Never having really understood RPM, I don't know how to read the file.
Any suggestions?