Date:      Thu, 06 Aug 2009 22:26:20 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>
To:        Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.questions@mailing.thruhere.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KDE3 --> KDE4

--On August 6, 2009 9:29:30 PM -0500 Mel Flynn
<mel.flynn+fbsd.questions@mailing.thruhere.net> wrote:

> On Thursday 06 August 2009 15:21:14 Paul Schmehl wrote:
>> Can someone who has already done this upgrade suggest the best way to go
>> about it?  Do I need to completely uninstall kde3 first?  Is there an
>> upgrade path that's not fraught with gotchas?
>
> Wait a week I'd say. KDE 4.3.0 has hit the ports tree rather fast to be
> in
> time for the ports freeze and a lot of stuff is being ironed out. In
> fact,
> probably the best time is after the ports freeze is over. But I expect
> the big
> gotchas to be gone in a few days.
> --

Thanks, Mel.  I'll wait.  Will there be instructions in
/usr/ports/UPDATING after the freeze?  (There's nothing in there now about
upgrading.)

Paul Schmehl, If it isn't already
obvious, my opinions are my own
and not those of my employer.
WARNING: Check the headers before replying