Date:      Tue, 03 Sep 2013 05:41:45 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        d@delphij.net, delphij@delphij.net
Cc:        freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org, kpaasial@gmail.com, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Why default route is not installed last?

----Security_Multipart(Tue_Sep__3_05_41_45_2013_061)--

Xin Li <delphij@delphij.net> wrote
  in <521BA31C.5000807@delphij.net>:

de> > That has always been specifically not supported. default route
de> > needs to be directly attached. in fact the routing tables only ever
de> > deliver the 'next hop'
de>
de> Well, depends on whether the 'next hop' is an IP or an interface.  For
de> instance one can have a valid configuration that they have a static
de> route of:
de>
de> 2607:5300:XXXX:XXXX:ff:ff:ff:ff -prefixlen 128 -interface em0
de>
de> Then have 2607:5300:XXXX:XXXX:ff:ff:ff:ff as default router.
de>
de> This configuration is not possible with the current rc.d startup order.

 Ah, I see.  I personally do not like this kind of configurations but
 it should be supported as a dirty workaround.  The patch is correct,
 so please go ahead with it.

-- Hiroki