Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 2020 18:44:04 +0200
From:      Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Openness vs. Comfort

On Fri, 12 Jun 2020 17:36:45 +0200, Polytropon wrote:
>On Fri, 12 Jun 2020 15:37:42 +0200, Vincent DEFERT wrote:
>> Unfortunately, this is not my case. For me, reading plain text
>> messages is a torture. I made an effort in the beginning, but it is
>> not possible in the long term.
>
>What exactly is your problem? You know that X can (for
>decades!) zoom by pressing Ctrl+Alt+[+] and Ctrl+Alt+[-],
>and as I said, MUAs and even ye olden X terminals (xterm)
>have font size control. There are other tools that run
>on X to help, like screen magnifiers, and there are of
>course the application settings where you can choose a
>minimum font size and a preferred font size (and font
>face) for message text. That is a solved problem, I would
>say.

The font rendering of the email preview/view windows and the editor
window could suffer from a font rendering, that is different from the
the rendering of all other fonts.

Sylpheed and Claws don't suffer from this issue, but Evolution does.

You could use Ctrl+[+], Ctrl+[-] and Ctrl+0 (without the Alt-key) to
resize the fonts in Evolution preview/view windows, but not in the
editor window, however on my machine they are still blurry, even if they
are larger.

Evolution allows to chose other fonts as the rest of the system does
use, so a user could chose any plain text font (s)he would use when
formatting a HTML mail.

Off-topic:

Two times I changed my email address for this list by the web
interface. Mailman claimed the changes are submitted and there's no
confirmation mail in the spam folder. I'm not allowed to post to this
list using the new address. If this mail should come through, the old
address is kept.

Any ideas?

I'll try changing the address via email later.