Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 1999 20:09:18 -0500
From:      William Freeman <dfree@inna.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   some performance issues

Hello all.  I've finaly gotten out of that evil linux cult and come back
to the land of FreeBSD, how ever in 3.3R i have noticed that programmes
such as Netscape, Licq, gnomecc, gIDE, e-conf, et cetera do not load as
fast as they should, or in fact, occasionaly not in a reasonable amount
of time.  on a 400Mhz machine with 256MB of RAM i shouldn't have time to
fetch a cup of coffie while waiting for one of these relitivly small
applications to load when i don't have time to blink when loading Emacs
or Glade.  I've tried everything i can think of (including several
re-installations, compiling the software by hand, et cetera) but i still
cant figure it out.  If any one has any suggestions it would be greatly
appreciated.

William Freeman
!spam-dfree@inna.net