Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 1997 17:51:33 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: guspnp9: Recording 16-bit yields Interrupted sys call on read()

Randall Hopper:
 |     Back on guspnp7, I'd mentioned this as one of the 4 main things I had
 |some trouble with, but didn't know it was tied to 16-bit.  Figured that out
 |working with test cases for guspnp9 this evening.

Luigi Rizzo:
 |If someone has problems recording with the sb (perhaps in 16-bit
 |mode) note that in snd970711 there was a typo in sb_dsp.c. In
 |sb_dsp_start_input(), around line 404, you should apply the following
 |fix
 |
 |        if (sb_dsp_command(DSP_CMD_HSSIZE)) {   /* High speed size */
 |            sb_dsp_command((u_char) (dsp_count & 0xff));
 |            sb_dsp_command((u_char) ((dsp_count >> 8) & 0xff));
 |-           sb_dsp_command(DSP_CMD_HSDAC);      /* High speed 8 bit ADC */
 |+           sb_dsp_command(DSP_CMD_HSADC);      /* High speed 8 bit ADC */
 |        } else
 |            printf("SB Error: Unable to start (high speed) ADC\n");
 |        splx(flags);
 |    } else {

Just tried this Luigi and on a 16-bit record, the first read() still
terminates with interrupted system call, for all sample rates and number of
channels.  E.g.:

     > record -r 44100 -b 16 -c 2
     read() failed; errno = Interrupted system call
     > record -r 44100 -b 16 -c 1
     read() failed; errno = Interrupted system call
     > record -r 11025 -b 16 -c 2
     read() failed; errno = Interrupted system call
     > record -r 11025 -b 16 -c 1
     read() failed; errno = Interrupted system call

Randall