Date:      Thu, 4 Dec 2008 03:18:45 +0000
From:      "Anthony M. Rasat" <anthony.rasat@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hp dv2225nr laptop optical drive random ejects

>has anyone ever seen this happen? >system is 8.0-current, drive is not
>being used and it will just eject while >sitting on a table.

Yes, I did.

It was hardware-related. It was the CD/DVD ribbon connector getting all wrinkles and apparently something resetting just out of even the smallest vibration.

You may find this ribbon connector appearance conspicous. It usually gold or red colored. Look from under your laptop while drive's out if you can't see it from topside.

And this ribbon connector is not exactly cheap too. I'm not sure why.

--

Regards,

Anthony M. Rasat
Manager - Technical, Network and Support Division
PT. Jawa Pos National Network
Graha Pena Jawa Pos Group Building, 5th floor
Jln. Raya Kebayoran Lama 12, Jakarta Barat 12210
Indonesia.-
Phone 02132185562
Phone 081574217035
Fax 02153651465