Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 2004 22:12:00 +0100
From:      "R. W." <list-freebsd-2004@morbius.sent.com>
To:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Good tool for light photo editing?

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 19:21, stan wrote:
> I just got my first set of pictures on CD's (vacation pics), and I
> wan't to put them up on my web server.
>
> What's a good tool to do some really lightweight editeing on them
> with? Mostly I just need to rotate the vertical ones, but I _might_
> do just a little cropping on some few.

In addition to what has already been suggested you might want to try
gqview. It is a bit like Window's ACDSee - it's a general purpose image
viewer and slideshow. It can do rotation itself, and it has a
configurable context menu which can pass an image on to an external
editor when you need something more complex. It has predefined entries
for gimp, electric eyes, XV, and XPaint.