Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 22:07:40 +0600 (ESS)
From:      Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgilh.chel.su>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.1 panics during setup (URGENT)

Hi,

I tried to install FBSD3-1 onto machine which is
SiS PCI 486 Motheboard with AMD 5X86 CPU plugged into it.
That's very strange machine, BIOS thinks it's 486DX4 overclocked up
to 120MHz. (actually 33Mhz X 3 :-)

Onboard IDE controller is partially burned, so I plugged external
I/O board and disabled everything (on motherboard), but keyboard.
After I turn power on it says "... resource conflict..."
But it works somehow with Win95 (all ports, audio, etc, etc ...).
Win95 runs more unstable than ever :-)

When I try to install FBSD, it "ate" kern.flp and said
"insert mfsroot ..."
When I did so it thought awhile and said
"BIOS kernel trap kernel trap ....."
and rebooted :-(

ANY IDEA IS MUCH APPRECIATED !

what if I rebuild kern.flp and mfsroot.flp with all unnecessery stuff
disabled ?! Anybody did it already ? How can I do it ?

Regards, (Наилучшие пожелания)

 Ilia Chipitsine (Илья Шипицин)